Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy New Year!  This has been a short week, so this will be super short blog with just a few important announcements and a bit of news.

First of all, thank you all for your flexibility around the Flynn trip permission/money. I apologize for the confusion and not getting those to you earlier.  It WILL all work out!  I am looking forward to seeing the show -- the class loved the book and I know they will enjoy seeing it come to life on stage.

Secondly, I have added more dates to our bread sign-up since the kids really want to keep working on this fundraiser. The link is: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050548acac23a7f58-team
I am not completely out of ingredients, but can always use bread flour, butter, and eggs.  Remember, this is all optional!

Finally, we have started our new social studies unit about civics. Today we learned the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship, and we learned the definition of democracy. I know from experience that this unit leads to a lot of interesting questions and conversations at home, so be prepared! It will be especially interesting in an election year!

That's all for this week. I will be sending homework home on Tuesday as usual, and you should expect it every week until the week before February vacation. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a wonderful weekend, and think snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment